God totally spoiled Mommy and Max with this bed. He was so close to growing out of his toddler bed and so I had been looking for a new bed for Bubby. Well I liked the idea of a loft bed as a "Practical Mommy" for the additional storage space underneath and as "Fun Mommy" for a fort. I found a couple online (which Max saw over my shoulder and said he NEEDED IT!) but everything started at $500+. To say this Mommy was crushed would have been an understatement. Every night after he saw it when I would put him to bed he would look at me and say I'm to big for this bed. I need a "unk (bunk) bed". Realizing full well that the bed we both wanted was just a "little" out of my price range I talkd to Papa and he was going to build one. I happened to jump on Craigs List about a month ago and this bed was on there. I called but nobody called me back. I assumed it was already sold. WELL, this last Friday, I jumped on again to "browse" and it was back. I was SO excited! I called and they called me back and only wanted $150 for it because they were PCS'ing out and needed to get rid of it. ON top of that because this last weekend was so busy for me (they wanted it gone this weekend) that if I paid them $10 for gas the would deliver it! As if that was enough my parents had a twin matteress in the attic! My God is SO very good to me! I'm thankful that He finds joy in giving this Mommy the desires of her heart for her sweet boy! Max and I thank God everyday for spoiling us with his new bed.
Max LOVES LOVES LOVES did I say LOVES his new bed! He couldn't be more excited to go to bed at night now and loves the slide and the ladder! Oh and because most of you are Mommy's that look at this blog...The twin comforter was on clearance @ Target, the sheets (which colors match perfectly with the theme already in his room) were at Marshalls, the red rug I already had, the BIG yellow one I got at Khols which was originally $50 (I know EEKK!!!) was 1/2 off. I had two $10.00 Khols cash and walked out spending under $6 for the rug. Then I just folded his toddler quilt at the end for the added color which allowed me to keep my costs down :)
Thankful for this oppurtunity to remind Max how God not just takes care of us with our everyday needs, but loves to bless us with the "extras".
A good learning and teaching experiance for this Mommy and Son!
GOD is SO very good to us! He isn't good because I say He is...He is good because He is God!
Oh and one more thing...When talking to this couple when they came to drop it off, I was telling her about the bed we saw online and the "fort fabric" underneath. She looks at me and says I set that out to bring with me and forgot it. If you want to come and pick it up you can have it. SERIOUSLY!?!?! THANK-YOU LORD!

1 comment:
What a HUGE blessing! That is so wonderful and I LOVE hearing stories about God spoiling His children :)
Post a Comment